Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Break (Part 1)♥

I've been on spring break since the 22nd of March and today was my last day so I'm going to be doing a series of blog posts talking about what I did and new things i discovered. I didn't go on vacation so there will be a lack of tropical topics and pictures.

This first post is just going to be some things i found over break and loved.


The Hobbit 


I've always been a fan of The Lord of the Rings. I've read the books seen the movies. So when I didn't have a chance to see The Hobbit in theaters I ended up purchasing it and watching it twice over break (yes I am aware that is a bit weird). I think the acting, casting, costumes, and everything about this movies is amazing. The only down side is that it is in three parts. I seriously can't wait until part two comes out, I am definitely going to see it in theaters

  
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist


This was more of a rediscovery for me, I had purchased this movie when it came out in 2008 and recently found it in my movie collection. Having nothing better to do with my time, I watched it and was instantly reminded of why I loved it so much. The combination of Michael Cera's awkward and charming character, Nick, and Kat Dennings shy quirky character, Norah, really makes the movie realistic and funny. Not only is the acting and story line good, but the music paired with it is also. The soundtrack features artists such as Shout Out Louds, Army Navy, and The Submarines. Overall, I was extremely happy to find this gem tucked away. 


Nivea Lip Butter 

I was out shopping with one of my good friends and was in search of this lip product, I had purchased this before in another flavor and used it up. When i saw it in caramel cream, I had to have it. It tastes and smells delicious and makes your lips super soft without making them feel slippery or sticky, which is a bonus. This is currently my favorite lip balm and I recommend this to anyone.


In the Garden of Beasts 



Picking up a book is never a bad idea if your bored. So I picked up In the Garden of Beasts, by Erik Larson at my local library. I chose this one because I recently read Devil in the White city, another novel by Larson, for school and enjoyed it. I haven't finished the book yet because it is 364 pages and I haven't been at home for the majority of my spring break, but so far this book is great; it's really interesting and the story line is great. If you're interested in history, particularly WWII or Nazi Germany, then this will be a good read for you.


That's all for now. Thanks for reading and part two of my spring break posts will be up soon.
Much Love,
May

No comments:

Post a Comment